Location: 4655 Border Village Rd, San Ysidro, CA 92173-3105, United States
Start Date & Time: May 1, 2020, 9:30am
End Date & Time: May 1, 2020, 2pm
DSA San Diego, in coalition with ACCE, The San Diego Tenants Union, Anakbayan, & Migrante. Will be executing a caravan demonstration in order to bring awareness to the rent strike movement happening all throughout the state of California.
The Rent Strike is being made in order to get several demands from the State and the City of San Diego. Demands include but are not limited to:
- All publicly owned property and vacant housing units -including luxury unitsneed to be opened up to house currently unhoused people.
- Rent and
[…] Read More...
Emailed 4/16 to Governor Gavin Newsom, Mayor Kevin Faulconer, City Attorney Mara Elliott, Councilmember Barbara Bry, Councilmember Jennifer Campbell, Councilmember Christopher Ward, Councilmember Monica Montgomery, Councilmember Mark Kersey, Councilmember Chris Cate, Councilmember Scott Sherman, Councilmember Vivian Moreno, Council President Georgette Gomez, Supervisor Greg Cox, Supervisor Dianne Jacob, Supervisor Kristin Gaspar, Supervisor Nathan Fletcher, Supervisor Jim Desmond
- Democratic Socialists of America – San Diego
- Otay Mesa Detention Resistance
- San Diego 350
- San Diego Tenants United
- Standing Up for Racial Justice – San Diego
- Student Housing Association at UC San Diego
- Sunrise Movement – San Diego
- The Travelers Club
- Think Dignity
- UCSD Green New Deal
- Unión del Barrio
We are calling on San Diego leadership to immediately enact emergency […]