All hands on deck for a Prop. 15 call for comments!
On Tuesday, Sept. 15th, the San Diego County Board of Supervisors (BOS) will be considering a resolution in opposition to Prop 15. This will be a tough vote but we want to make sure supervisors understand what’s at stake: protecting a corporate tax loophole that benefits a handful of wealthy corporations at the expense of our schools and communities, or investing in our children, our families, and our future.
We need your help! Please email supervisors before the 9 a.m. meeting to let them know you OPPOSE THE RESOLUTION. Also, submit online public comments before the meeting or live public comment during the meeting. You can learn more from this briefing making the case for Prop 15 in San Diego County or use these talking points.
EMAIL SUPERVISORS TODAY AND BEFORE THE MEETING:
Find your representative here.
- Greg Cox (D1): email@example.com
- Dianne Jacob (D2): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristin Gaspar (D3): email@example.com
- Nathan Fletcher (D4): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Desmond (D5): email@example.com
SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENT ONLINE BY 9 AM ON TUES, SEP 15TH:
- Go to the BOS Calendar.
- Look for the Sept 15th BOS Meeting or click here for ecomment.
- The resolution is item #34 (last page). Click on the comment bubble to leave a comment.
CALL INTO THE MEETING FOR PUBLIC COMMENT ON TUES, SEP 15TH:
- Fill out the online Board of Supervisors tele-comments form to request to speak during the meeting via teleconference. The form must be submitted by 9:00 a.m. on the day of the meeting. After completing the form, you’ll get instructions on how to call in to the meeting.
- Watch or listen to the meeting.
- When the Board of Supervisors begins to discuss the agenda item you want to comment on, call in to the conference line and turn off your TV or live stream. You’ll continue to hear the Board meeting after calling in. Please do not call until the item you want to speak about is being discussed.
- When it is time for public comments on the item you want to speak about, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors staff will unmute your phone. You’ll hear a prompt that will indicate your phone is unmuted. You may need to press *6 on your phone to unmute yourself. Staff will then ask you to state your name and begin your comments.
Thank you for using your voice and making sure that our elected officials know that San Diego supports Prop 15!