- This event has passed.
Joint Meeting: Health Care and Electoral Working Groups
February 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The joint meeting of the electoral working group and health care working group will occur on Wednesday February 6, 2019 at 7pm.
We will have a very buzy agenda:
1) Socialist Feminist Discussion
2) Location of future meetings. Report back on venue outreach/research.
3) Should the two working groups meet separately?
4a) Health Care WG. Create and present a charter to the steering committee. Make provision for interim leadership of the working group. Bump upcoming Medicare for All week of action barnstorm on the 10th. Areas of activity for the coming year:
- Create good contacts with National DSA Medicare for All Working Group ; Promote Medicare for All to local legislators; Public canvassing activities, such as Farmers’ Markets, etc. Pressure local legislators through various means.
4b) Electoral Working Group: Create and present a charter to the steering committee. Make provision for interim leadership; establish a rigorous procedure for endorsing candidates for office. Sketch out an initial plan for areas of activity. Some possibilities are:
- Collaborate with the Eco-Socialist Working group on electoral projects such as Green New Deal.
- Collaborate with HHWG on local housing policy/campaign
- Establish new links with progressive members of the San Diego City Council;
- Participate in campaign for an independent Commission on Police Practices.